Did you know that many people are happier planning their vacation than actually taking one*? Say what?! No way. That can’t be true for vacationers in Great Falls, Montana! To prove our point, here is a list of things to do during your July trip to Great Falls that are definitely more fun doing than imaging.
- Historic Brothel Tours in Downtown Great Falls. Sure, buying the tickets is a form of retail therapy (?), but having a cocktail social before the event, and riding the Historic Trolley Downtown with an old fashioned in hand sounds a lot better…all while doing a historic brothel tour.
- Fireworks at the Centene Stadium for the 4th of July. We feel like we shouldn’t have to explain this one. No one wants to see pictures of fireworks- THEY WANT TO SEE THE ACTUAL FIREWORKS. Sorry for yelling, but we feel strongly about the matter. So, get yourself out see the show for yourself!
- Taste Beer. How would thinking about tasting beer ever be better than drinking the beer? This summer, there will be beer tastings at the Holiday Inn Great Falls- Convention Center. Come out and see how great local beer is.
- Play trivia…in a baseball field…at a reserved table…hosted by the Mister Sisters. You can’t make this stuff up, so experience this sure to be a hilarious, fun, amazing, and unique experience for yourself.
- Float down the river. And have someone do all the heavy lifting for you. Planning this trip is too easy, and you’ll get some photos that we will want for ourselves.
- Take some time to not only rejuvenate your spirit but your skin. Who has ever said, “Sure glad I thought about getting spa experience, rather than doing it!” Great Falls has a one of a kind spa, and we promise that you that the experience is better than the planning.
- Let the kids burn off some of their energy at Electric City Water Park while on vacation. You’ll be relaxed, they will be tired, and fun will be had by all. Ask your kid if they want to think about going to the pool or actual go. We think we know their answer.
- While many cities don’t have sporting events, Great Falls has 15 sporting events in the month of July alone at the Centene Stadium. Watch a baseball or kickball game, and sink back to a sense of normalcy.
- Turn the “never been’s” to “been there’s.” Once you come back from your trip to Great Falls, people will ask if you have been to the number one Irish Pub in Montana, the world-famous Sip ‘N Dip Lounge, or see the spot where Lewis and Clark ran out of whiskey on their expedition (psst- they ran out of whiskey on July 4, 1805, in Great Falls)
- Once all is done, participate in our Instagram Contest. Tag us in your photo of outdoor adventures and use the hashtag #bestofbasecamp to be entered to win a $25 gift card to a local business. Details will be released on June 26th!
*Nawijn, J., Marchand, M. A., Veenhoven, R., & Vingerhoets, A. J. (2010). Vacationers Happier, but Most not Happier After a Holiday. Applied research in quality of life, 5(1), 35–47. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11482-009-9091-9